mornings with miranda artblock
The very first Miranda...
We tried to pair several stories with Miranda & this mug, but eventually saw she was perfectly fine all on her own. (We certainly understand there's little room for words before that first cup of coffee in the morning.)
artblock shown is created on elm: 6 1/4" x 5" x1"
to see the print version, click here
each artblock ordered plants one tree
- average size of artblock: 5 1/4" w, 6 1/2" h, 1 1/8" d
- wood species will vary according to what we have on hand
- packaged in an organic cotton bag with a small card telling a brief history of the chosen wood & the bird & brush series
- each block is shaped & painted here in the studio with our unique bird & brush process: the final piece has at least eight layers of paint, ink, & graphite (including a secret handwritten wish...) - making each an original
The art is created by Kai Skye
- all the wood in our studio is reclaimed from a local company here in Bozeman that is dedicated to salvaging old buildings & recycling the wood for new projects.
- Here in the studio, we sand, paint, & hand finish each piece with an earth-friendly beeswax.
- Flying Edna studio signature on the back
- natural grain on the sides and back exposed to show the raw wood
signed, titled & dated by the artist
Printed on museum quality, 100% cotton, acid-free paper. Includes pH neutral backing board made from 100% recycled material & comes protected in a plant-based compostable bag.
This print is a digital reproduction of an original pen & ink & gouache watercolor of Kai's, printed to order at our studio. Fits any standard 8x10 or 11x14 frame