barely civilized storyblock
It started when someone asked us to do this story on a t-shirt for her granddaughter. With everything going on, it made sense to make it available on a storyblock, too.
Available in two genders: feminine & non-binary
Caution: barely civilized wild thing (so don't push her/them.)
click here to see the t-shirt versions we have currently...
- wood species will vary according to what we have on hand
- average dimensions: 4.5" W x 5" H x 7/8" D
- each block is shaped & painted here in the studio with our unique bird & brush process: the final piece has 5 layers of paint & ink (including a secret hand written wish) making each an original
- story on the front, with Flying Edna studio signature on the back
- natural grain on the sides & back exposed to show the story of wood
- comes in an organic cotton bag & a card describing the wood species and origin
art by Kai, on May 05, 2022
description & details
We have the deep joy of working with incredibly beautiful wood from trees that are hundreds of years old... This means every piece is unique. The wood species will vary according to what we can source from local small businesses dedicated to repurposing razed buildings, trees that are diseased, or taken down due to storms.
Every block comes in an organic cotton bag, with a small card telling the title of the story, a bit about us, & the wood species. If you would prefer not to have this bag, let us know in the notes at cart & we will wrap it instead.
All our storyblocks, whisper, & artblocks are shaped & painted here in the studio with our bird & brush process: 4-6 layers of paint, graphite & ink (including a secret hand written wish) making each piece unique. The story is on the front, with the studio signature on the back. Natural grain on the sides & back is exposed to show the story (biology & history) of the wood.