Two days ago, Fia came in from the workshop in our garage with a piece of fir she'd found propped up against the wall. She'd sanded it, following the curves of the edges until she had a stunning piece of wood. She came in & said Look at this. Can you imagine what this'll be like when it's oiled & hand rubbed with wax, so you can really see the grain? I didn't say a word. She looked at me for a minute & squinted her eyes. You're going to paint it , aren't you? she said.
I did. The whole thing. Except for the back, where you can see the beautiful grain of the wood. I used the original Leaf Woman as a general guide, but once I got started, I changed colors & lines & followed where the new Leaf Woman wanted to go...
Here she is. See what you think...
with love, brian
- acrylics on reclaimed fir from northeast Iowa
- dimensions of piece: 30"w x 7.5"w x 3/4" d
- hand-sanded lovingly by Fia
- created June 2, 2019 in our Bozeman Studio
- signed & dated by the artist
- shipping included (within the US)