story keeper sculpture: bookworm
Story Keeper Sculptures are a loving nod to Kai's earlier work that he created over 25 years ago. As his work has changed, so, too, have these flying, dancing beings. They now have a way to change your story as your life unfolds (since our storyblocks sit right on the built-in shelf...)
Every piece is unique & will be of similar style & color to the one pictured.
The sculptures are handcrafted here in our studio, by Kai, from a mix of reclaimed wood species. The particular piece is named in honor of a local bookstore here in Sandwich for which it was designed - Titcomb's bookshop.
This piece pictured is constructed of fir from a 1920s granary in Idaho, old-growth redwood from a water flume in Montana, .
You can choose 'daughter of mountains' - the story shown with this sculpture - or another story from this collection of contemporary storyblocks
If we don't see a selection choice for the storyblock in cart notes or in a separate email, we will send the storyblock pictured.
each story keeper ordered plants one tree
- dimensions average: 24" W (not incl. wire hair) x 17.5" H
- all our storyblocks are painted here in the studio with our unique bird & brush process: the final piece has four to five layers of paint, ink, & graphite (including a secret handwritten wish...)
- our flying edna studio signature on the back of the sculpture
- Fed Ex home delivery shipping included
- please allow 10-14 days for us to create & ship this to you
The artist proof of this piece was designed & built by Kai in February 2022.
signed, titled & dated by the artist
Printed on museum quality, 100% cotton, acid-free paper. Includes pH neutral backing board made from 100% recycled material & comes protected in a plant-based compostable bag.
This print is a digital reproduction of an original pen & ink & gouache watercolor of Kai's, printed to order at our studio. Fits any standard 8x10 or 11x14 frame