In my dream, the angel said, Give up your attachments & I said They're the only thing keeping me here & she leaned over & whispered, Maybe here is not where you're supposed to be any more.
- wood species will vary according to what we have on hand
- average dimensions: 4" W x 5" H x 7/8" D
- each block is shaped & painted here in the studio with our unique bird & brush process: the final piece has 5 layers of paint & ink (including a secret hand written wish) making each an original
- story on the front, with Flying Edna studio signature on the back
- natural grain on the sides and back exposed to show the story of wood
- comes in an organic cotton bag logo and a card describing the wood species and origin
story by Kai Skye
how we make these...
We have the deep joy of working with incredibly beautiful repurposed wood, sometimes from trees that are hundreds of years old... This means every piece is unique & carries along its own history. We purposely do not fill in the bug holes or hide the knots & scarring. We do address the checks (the splits & cracks) that have appeared over time due to weather changes & stresses in the wood.
These are purposely & perfectly imperfect.
The wood species will vary according to what we can source from local small businesses dedicated to repurposing razed buildings, trees that are diseased, or taken down due to storms.
These pieces come with a small card telling a bit about us, our process & the wood species - either wrapped or comes in an organic cotton bag.
All our reclaimed wood products are shaped, sanded & waxed here in our studio. Unless stated otherwise, our painted pieces are our unique bird & brush process: 4-6 layers of paint, graphite & ink (including a secret hand written wish).