being you storyblock
It's hardest to be who you are if you did really well at being who you're not.
- wood species will vary according to what we have on hand
- average dimensions: 4.5" W x 5" H x 7/8" D
- each block is shaped & painted here in the studio with our unique bird & brush process: the final piece has 5 layers of paint & ink (including a secret hand written wish) making each an original
- story on the front, with Flying Edna studio signature on the back
- natural grain on the sides and back exposed to show the story of wood
- comes in an organic cotton bag and a card describing the wood species and origin
story by Kai, written in January 2021
how we make these...
We have the deep joy of working with incredibly beautiful repurposed wood, sometimes from trees that are hundreds of years old... This means every piece is unique & carries along its own history. We purposely do not fill in the bug holes or hide the knots & scarring, which is why each piece is perfectly imperfect & unique.
The wood species will vary according to what we can source from local small businesses dedicated to repurposing razed buildings, trees that are diseased, or taken down due to storms.
These pieces come with a small card telling a bit about us & the piece, & is either wrapped or comes in an organic cotton bag.
All our reclaimed wood products are shaped, sanded & waxed here in our studio. Woodcuts are done freehand.
Unless stated otherwise, our painted pieces are our unique bird & brush process: 4-6 layers of paint, graphite & ink (including a secret hand written wish).