hard to tell storyblock
We sat together as the night settled around us. This is my favorite time of day, she said. When it’s hard to tell where the world begins & I end.
- reclaimed wood species will vary according to what we have on hand
- average dimensions: 4.5" W x 5.5" H x 7/8" D
- story on the front, with Flying Edna studio signature on the back
- natural grain on the sides and back exposed to show the story of wood
- comes in an organic cotton bag & a card describing the wood species and origin
The story was created in 2023 by Kai & Fia Skye
how we make these...
We have the deep joy of working with incredibly beautiful repurposed wood, sometimes from trees that are hundreds of years old... This means every piece is unique & carries along its own history. We purposely do not fill in the bug holes or hide the knots & scarring, which is why each piece is perfectly imperfect & unique.
The wood species will vary according to what we can source from local small businesses dedicated to repurposing razed buildings, trees that are diseased, or taken down due to storms.
These pieces come with a small card telling a bit about us & the piece, & is either wrapped or comes in an organic cotton bag.
All our reclaimed wood products are shaped, sanded & waxed here in our studio. Woodcuts are done freehand.
Unless stated otherwise, our painted pieces are our unique bird & brush process: 4-6 layers of paint, graphite & ink (including a secret hand written wish).