story keeper palimpsest: crow dreams
palimpsests: "... something having usually diverse layers or aspects apparent beneath the surface..."
Kai started with a slab of reclaimed hickory. After it was shaped, we began the first few layers with our usual bird & brush process, but instead of a secret wish, we added an entire secret story about home. And then added a few more layers until it seemed ready for the shelf.
The slice of Shagbark Hickory is from a tree in North Carolina that was milled into floor boards for a razed barn. The shelf is corral board - old fenceposts reclaimed from a Montana farm, naturally weathered by the elements. And crow dream shown here is on a piece of redwood that used to be part of a pickle brine barrel reclaimed from Oregon.
This storykeeper comes with the crow artblock, another palimpsest
each story keeper ordered plants one tree
- dimensions: 9" W x 18 1/2" H x 2 3/4" D (with the shelf)
- studio signature of authenticity on the back
- a sawtooth hanger is fixed onto the back, ready to hang
- natural grain on the back exposed to show the hisstory of wood
- price includes FedEx shipping within the US
This piece was created by Kai in February 2021